Plan To Go Everywhere.
No motorcycle has changed the concept of touring like the Honda Gold Wing. A horizontally opposed engine offering power, performance and perfect smoothness. Shaft final drive. A chassis designed for day–long comfort. And over the last four decades, the Gold Wing has just gotten better and better, and touring riders have had it better and better too—full-coverage bodywork, bigger engines, more cylinders, better chassis, more power, integrated luggage.
Take a week off—or even just a weekend. Pack up the Gold Wing’s saddlebags. Settle in behind that full–coverage windshield and bodywork. And point it down the road to someplace you’ve never been.
- 1832cc Liquid-Cooled, Fuel-Injected Engine: The Gold Wing’s fuel-injected, horizontally opposed six-cylinder engine is exceptionally smooth and incredibly powerful. The horizontally opposed “flat” six-cylinder design offers a lower center of gravity for an improved ride and a lighter handling feel.
- Pro-Arm Rear Swingarm: The Gold Wing’s MotoGP-inspired single-sided cast-aluminum swingarm is super-rigid and lightweight with reduced unsprung weight, delivering sharper, sportier handling. Its unique Pro-Arm® design mates up with Honda's patented Pro-Link® rear suspension, featuring electronically adjustable hydraulic preload settings for various riding and load conditions.
- Improved Ride Quality: Suspension settings revised through repeated testing and your feedback are a part of the reason your Gold Wing offers handling that can put many a sportbike to shame. Gold Wings have always offered the best overall handling of any touring machine, but these settings really improve things when you decide to dial it up a notch.
- Tire-Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS): Checking tire pressure can be a hassle—except when you’re riding a Gold Wing with our Tire-Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS). A pair of monitors keeps track of both front and rear tire pressures, and the dashboard readout is updated once per minute. They’ll send you an alert if either tire is significantly underinflated.
- Clear-Coated Wheels: Wheels that are clear coated from the factory give you an improved appearance and are easier to clean.
- Adjustable Windscreen: Our sturdy, ratcheting windscreen adjustment system provides six settings over nearly four inches of travel.
- Wind and Weather Protection: The 2016 Gold Wing’s layered-surface bodywork does more than just look great. It offers superior wind and weather protection around your lower legs, so you’ll experience less buffeting and warmer legs on those cool days.
- Seat Cover and Urethane Seat Material: The best seat in the house just got better. Both the rider and passenger will feel the difference that our new urethane seat material makes. The waterproof cover also features a new sportier, custom-perforated look too. A day in the saddle never felt so good!
- Heated Grips/Seat: Heated grips, a heated rider’s seat and a heated passenger seat/backrest, all with individual rider and passenger controls. There’s even a foot-warming system for cold mornings!
- Lockable Glovebox: Non-airbag models also get a center-mounted lockable glove box for added convenience, boosting the cockpit area storage capacity to 2.8 liters.
- Outstanding Storage Capacity: With a total luggage capacity of over 150 liters—including trunk and fairing pockets—the Gold Wing lets you carry plenty of gear for you and your passenger, keep it secure and out of the weather, and helps you stay organized in the process.
- iPod® Connectivity: It’s easy to connect a compatible Apple® iPod® player or other USB mass storage devices, such as flash drives that contain MP3, WMA6 or AAC music files, and control them through the Gold Wing’s audio controls. The connector is located in the lockable trunk, where devices can be conveniently carried and discreetly stored.
- Audio System with Surround Sound: Featuring a surround-sound system that's tuned exclusively for the Gold Wing. When using the speakers (SRS CS Auto*), the audio image is enhanced along with deep low tones, producing a powerful surround sound. When using the headsets (SRS Headphone**), you'll hear a three-dimensional sound field brimming with realistic sound. (SRS CS Auto* and SRS Headphone** are trademarks of SRS Labs, Inc.) †
- Engine Type: 1832cc Liquid-Cooled horizontally opposed six-cylinder
- Bore And Stroke: 74 mm x 71 mm
- Induction: Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI)
- Ignition: Computer-controlled digital with three-dimensional mapping
- Compression Ratio: 9.8:1
- Valve Train: SOHC; two valves per cylinder
- Transmission: Five-speed including Overdrive, plus electric Reverse
- Final Drive: Shaft
Chassis / Suspension / Brakes
- Front Suspension: 45 mm cartridge fork with anti-dive system, 4.8 in. travel
- Rear Suspension: Pro Arm® single-side swingarm with Pro-Link® single shock with computer-controlled spring preload adjustment with two memory presets; 4.1 in. travel
- Front Brake: Dual full-floating 296 mm discs
- Rear Brake: Single ventilated 316 mm disc
- Front Tire: 130/70R-18
- Rear Tire: 180/60R-16
- Rake: 29.15 deg.
- Trail: 109 mm (4.3 in.)
- Wheelbase: 66.5 in.
- Seat Height: 29.1 in.
- Curb Weight: 904-933 lb., depending on option packages selected (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and a full tank of fuel-ready to ride)
- Fuel Capacity: 6.6 gal.
- Miles Per Gallon: 35 MPG
- Model Id: GL1800
- Emissions: Meets current California Air Resources Board (CARB) and EPA standards.
- Available Colors: Matte Altair Silver, Candy Red/Black
Factory Warranty Information
- Three Years: Transferable, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
Specifications subject to change without notice.
Honda’s fuel economy estimates are based on EPA exhaust emission measurement test procedures and are intended for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you ride, how you maintain your vehicle, weather, road conditions, tire pressure, installation of accessories, cargo, rider and passenger weight, and other factors.
Suggested Retail Price (SRP) excludes destination charge. Visit powersports.honda.com to view applicable destination charge amount.